MONDAY, APRIL 6TH
What are the differences between a reptile and an amphibian? – Write or draw major differences you see between a reptile and an amphibian after watching the video.
Vocab to know:
What is the water cycle?
Using the video try and answer the following questions:
- Water in the water cycle is always __________(fill in the blank)
- Give some examples of precipitation.
- How does water at room temperature become vapor?
Get Up & Move
Take it slow with some Yoga
Cosmic Kids Yoga: Pokemon Yoga! CLICK HERE
Learn some watercolor basics: Push, Pull & Poke
- Watercolor paper
Ms. Marissa’s Challenge: Draw an accurate city landscape with…
- A ruler
- Markers, colored pencils OR crayons
Build a Rube Goldberg Machine
Rube Goldberg Machine –
A series of chain reactions that make a simple task fun, difficult and humorous.
- Watch the Ok Go Music video to see an example of a very elaborate Rube Goldberg Machine
- See if you (and your family) can build a simple version of one
Scratch- Use Arrow Keys
- Click this link to sign in to Scratch
- Click the Create
- Click Tutorials-follow the Use Arrow Keys tutorial
- Leave a comment on Ms. Amanda’s Arrow Key Project and let me know if this was easy or challenging for you.(click the donut for a special message)
Our Studio: CLICK HERE
Create your own Arrow Keys project, save and share it to our studio.
Explore Your World
Take a look at this Live Cam at the Aquarium of the Pacific
- See anything interesting in the tropical reef?
- Do we have any of these corals or fish in our tank at the Clubhouse?
Aquarium of the Pacific – Tropical Reef Aquarium: CLICK HERE
Take a break and play a game of chess, online against the computer or with your family. Watch this short video to learn about the game and some of the pieces.
- With this online platform change the level of difficulty of the computer and learn the game
Make sure to check with your parents before going online
Draw a picture of what you’ve done today. Write a sentence about why you enjoyed doing this activity today.