Join us for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Monterey County 36th Annual Golf for Kids Jim Griggs Tournament!
Founded by Jim Griggs in 1988, and renamed in his memory in 2019, the Golf for Kids tournament has played a vital role in supporting the success of thousands of youth in Monterey County.
You are invited to take advantage of this great tradition – it is an excellent opportunity to host clients, colleagues and friends for a world-class round of golf, socialize with professional golfers and receive prominent recognition as a sponsor of this prestigious tournament.
Your participation provides much-needed scholarship funds for deserving teens through the Davis Love III Family Scholarship Fund, which has awarded to over 70 Club members. These life changing scholarships would not be possible without the generous support and commitment of our sponsors, players, and pros.
Please join us in helping children and teens further their education and claim their future.
8:30am – 10:00am
Draw Your Player Breakfast
The Grill at Monterey Peninsula Country Club
Buffet open 8:30am – 10:00am
Player Draw occurs at 9:15am sharp
10:00am – 11:30am
Members’ Lounge Foyer
Davis Love III Golf Clinic
Lunch on Cart
Immediately Following Golf
Hosted Cocktail Reception, Dinner and Davis Love III Scholarship Presentation
Main Dining Room, Monterey Peninsula Country Club
Courses: Monterey Peninsula Country Club, Dunes Course
Format: 2 Best Balls of Foursome
Register to Attend
2021 Rules & Regulations
BGCMC will follow PGA TOUR operating procedures to ensure the health & safety of all constituents. Subject to change.
– A PGA TOUR approved testing method will be identified for all players in advanced of the Pro-Am.
Players must have a negative result to compete. If a player tests positive, they will not be permitted
to test again.
– All players will be thermally screened and be provided a questionnaire as they enter the property.
– Only registered players, sponsors and pros will be allowed onsite. No guests or spectators will be allowed on the course, in the pro shop, or Clubhouse facilities during the tournament.
– No caddies will be allowed. Golf carts or push carts will be available.
– There will be no Draw-Your-Pro event. The Pro Shop will coordinate all tee times and pro pairings.
For more information contact Beth Menon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-748-8132.
– All players will arrive no earlier than 60 minutes in advance of their tee time.
– Players are asked to refrain from any physical contact including handshakes, high fives, autographs.
– Masks, wipes and sanitation stations will be available.
Thank you for supporting our 32nd Annual Golf for Kids Jim Griggs Pro-Am Tournament!
Because of your generosity, we awarded $35,000 in Davis Love III Family Scholarships to Seven Teen Members to help them as they further their education.
Again, thank you for supporting the youth of Monterey County!
To view photos from the event, please click here.
Congratulations to our
2020 Tournament Winners
1st Place Shore: Jack Steffen, Jason Tracy, Chris Dempsey, Kurt Kitayama
2nd Place Shore: Don Turner, Kerry Straine, Steve Shudoma, Isaiah Salinda
3rd Place Shore: Wally Gordon, Ismail Ramsey, Brandon Segovia, Patrick Martin
Closest to the Pin: Jack Steffen, Shore Hole #7
1st Place Dunes: Chris Darnell, Mike Curtis, Ash Zaki, Mike Hulbert
2nd Place Dunes: Don Romeka, Anthony Griffin, Dennis Griffin, Jered Stone
3rd Place Dunes: Joe Merenda, Eric Heiser, James Leamey, Rob Anderson
Closest to the Pin: Jim Clifton, Dunes Hole #4
Congratulations to this years Golf for Kids Champs! A tournament trophy will be on display at Monterey Peninsula Country Club.
Congratulations to our Davis Love III Family Scholarship Recipients