Work Schedule: Full-time, non-exempt; generally to be scheduled between 8 am – 6 pm, Monday – Friday with occasional later evening and weekend responsibilities.
Report to: Director of Development
“Our Mission is to inspire and empower the youth of Monterey County to realize their full potential to become responsible, healthy, productive and successful citizens.”
The Development Assistant will under the supervision of the Director of Corporate & Foundation Partnerships. S/he will provide administrative and clerical support across departments including stewardship processes and gift record-keeping, event planning and logistics, data entry tasks; research, reports and proposal preparation for corporate and foundation funders and prospects. The Development Assistant will maintain digital and physical file management; and departmental operations. This individual will support measurable progress for fundraising success to ensure that Boys & Girls Clubs of Monterey County BGCMC obtains Mission driven results.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Data Entry & Stewardship Process
- Under the direction of the Development Analyst, provide data entry support using the salesforce platform CRM and Auction Tracker for donations, grants management, In-kind gifts, moves management, communications, event registration, auction items, and other data entry needs as assigned.
- Update records, maintaining accuracy and ensuring contact information is current.
- Produce Stewardship letters as required for receipting and recognizing donations per gift processing policies; support additional stewardship activities and processes as directed.
- Produce gift batch reports and other revenue reports as assigned.
- Special Events
- Providing support in preparation for and execution of all special events including Gang Prevention Summit and Career Expo, Adopt a Family, Holiday Party, Golf for Kids, Comics for Kids, Community Breakfast, Art Exhibit, Youth of the Year, Senior Prom, etc.
- Maintain a complete inventory of all events related in-house items (I.e. table cloths, name badges, plates, cups, etc.
- Assists in the compilation of the BGCMC Responsibility Assignment Matrix, which includes ranking by participation the various roles to complete tasks such as program compilation, name badges, table tents, donor gifts, instructional guides, certificates, etc.
- Keeps up-to-date all contact details for all gifts-in-kind/auction items for all Special Events.
- Corporate & Foundation Partner Support
- Supports the grants management process through prospecting, forecasting, grant profiles, submission of requests and reporting.
- Utilizing appropriate data processing and filing method for key departmental tasks such as in kind requests, award letter entry and grant agreements.
- Assists with the submission of sponsorship proposal including materials, phone calls and schedule meetings.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends in philanthropic and institutional giving and issues impacting the local and regional business community.
- Exemplifies BGCMC’s social reputation as a requested, trusted and impactful youth development agency.
- Individual Giving & Campaign Support
- Produce and format mailing lists for campaign, invitations, and other mailings.
- Maintain bulk mail account information and ensure annual permits are renewed in a timely manner.
- Maintain physical and digital donor files.
- Assist with preparing materials, packet, reports, profiles, and proposals for individual donors and prospects.
- Assist with campaign phonathons and other donor communications.
- Support highly targeted, individual donor engagement events to include event management.
- Department & Organization Support
- Provide administrative assistance for assigned committees, task forces and special initiatives, which may include preparing agendas, packets, reports, and minutes.
- Support inventory/storage management, purchase request, credit card reports, and department supply orders.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator and Finance Assistant to support Development process and needs.
- Working with all departments to manage and update a calendar system that reflects program events, special events, communications, campaigns, volunteer opportunities and relevant National Days.
TRAITS AND SKILLS
The successful candidate for this position will possess the following traits and skills:
- BGCMC MISSION-DRIVEN & CULTURAL FIT
- Passionate about youth success as defined in BGCMC Mission & Strategic Goal.
- Cultural competence, especially in working across age, ethnic, racial and class differences.
- Personal & professional alignment with BGCMC Core Values, Beliefs & Standards.
- Ability to produce results in a dynamic, high-energy, friendly and professional environment.
- Keen attention to detail, professionalism, safety and order.
- Accepts responsibility as an upper level management team member.
- Clearance of pre-employment screening including background check and drug screening.
- Willingness to work as needed (this can include the occasional evening and weekend work as needed).
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity as it relates to public trust, donor information and BGCMC Development Strategies.
- Compelling communicator – able to inspire and rally support for ideas.
- Excellent presentation skills for diverse audiences ranging from youth, parents, Staff & Volunteers to community partners and investor in small and large groups.
- Superb writing skills.
- Moves information in a timely manner appropriately.
- Strong donor relationship skills
- Four year degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM in particular Salesforce/Pardot.
- Knowledge of research techniques in the field of philanthropy and business.
- Must possess two years of experience in administrative support that may be related to fundraising, database management, special events, corporate and foundation relations.
Additionally, the following are highly desirable:
- Successful experience in a non-profit environment.
- Experience in data management and/or donor development platforms, preferable salesforce.
- Connectedness and experience working and living in Monterey County communities, especially those located in the Salinas Valley and on the Monterey Peninsula.
- Experience as a youth development professional in the Boys & Girls Club Movement.
Pay rate begins at $18.00 per hour and depends on qualifications. Paid benefits package including accrual of up to 80 hours of vacation, Medical, Vision, Dental, Pension and 403(b) Plan Investment Options. Professional development opportunities are available contingent upon funding and approval. This position is classified as non-exempt and as such is eligible for the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Applicants must submit a cover letter with the application.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor is it to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.bgcmc.org/careers/employment-application/ →